About the Log and Stone Cottage
This building was built in 1930 and is recorded at the Sooke Museum as having historic significance, being built by one of Sooke’s pioneer families. The original cabin was constructed from hand-hewn western red cedar, crafted with dove tailed lap corners, and is a beautiful example of log construction. The home was continually occupied until the property was purchased in 1989 by its present owners, Anne Boquist and David Dare. They fell in love with it and have been restoring it ever since. From a new stone foundation to completely rebuilding the stone addition, this home has been a labour of love.